Dear ISM-New York Members,
This is my last message before our summer break. It was a great year for our affiliate. First, I must extend thanks to the board, my colleagues, ISM-New York members, and our executive director for your support in electing me ISM-New York President for a second one-year term.
Looking back, we have a few things to celebrate. ISM-New York received another well deserved "affiliate excellence award" at the ISM national conference. This makes three years in a row that we have been recognized for our efforts. This is a tribute to work of the board and support of our outstanding members. Our affiliate is recognized around the globe as a "thought leader" with excellent support from you "the members".
This was a year of celebration and our centennial was a true milestone for our organization. With the centennial celebration in our rear view mirror, my goal for the upcoming year is straightforward: Ensure the ISM-New York Affiliate remains one of the premier affiliates in the ISM global network. Our professional development programs are successful and many of our classes are the best of the best. Corporate support for our monthly meetings and events continues to increase and Procurement executive's attendance and participation in our meeting has also increased.
How do you improve on success? That's easy; we will raise the bar again!
A few thoughts on the strategy for our affiliate in the upcoming year:
1. Continue to improve and expand our professional development courses. The courses represent one of the best values for the money across a broad range of options to expand your knowledge of supply management.
2. Engage leadership at your respective organizations. We had several successful CPO panels and you have asked us to continue to expand our efforts in this area. Frankly, this is a great opportunity to expand support for ISM-New York and increase your individual visibility within your firm.
3. Listen to you! Tell us what you think so that we can serve you, and make this the best affiliate in the ISM network.
4. Bring in thought leaders, delve into difficult topics and provide a platform for you to advance your career.
5. Help our members learn, have fun & network!
Join us at monthly events and remember our work is interesting - our efforts help the bottom line, and improve the quality and efficiency at our respective firms. I look forward to the upcoming year, to have another opportunity to engage and learn from each one of you. Finally, welcome to the many new members that joined ISM-New York this year, thanks to the outgoing board members and welcome to our new leaders.
Have a great summer and bring a colleague to expand the conversation.
President, ISM-New York